Does your business require a WDID, NEC or NONA to comply with California stormwater requirements?
- Yes – Continue to step 2
- No – Apply for a Notice of Non-Applicability (NONA) identification
2) Are business operations exposed to stormwater?
- Yes – Continue to step 3
- No – Apply for a No Exposure Certification (NEC) identification number
3) Apply for a Waste Discharger Identification (WDID)
- Develop a Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP)
- Submit a Notice of Intent (NOI) via the SMARTS database to apply for a WDID number
4) Submit your WDID, NEC or NONA number to your city/county to complete the business license application.
We can help your business get on the right track.